Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Yellow Glue strikes again

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:04:46 -0500, Jeffrey Angus
wrote:

On 8/30/2011 8:56 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
"One component solvent resistant flame-retardant waterproof yellow
fixing adhesive glue for electronic components"

Odd, I read this: "Usage: Construction, Fiber & Garment, Footwear "

Sure. Haven't you seen PCB shoes and underwear?
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2010/04/07/circuit-board-chic-motherboards-recycled-into-shoes-and-boxers/
http://boingboing.net/2010/04/06/circuit-board-shoes.html
http://www.zazzle.com/circuit_board_shoes-167287736986690214
http://www.xactstudios.com/pcbcreations/
http://www.zazzle.com/computer_circuit_board_shoes-167535214684590497
https://plus.google.com/103033413691031223989/posts/Kq6qgFDULaj

Jeff, but yeah, that sure looks like it.
Some of the stuff looks almost porous.

Agressive hardener action causing gas bubbles. It's acrylic, but I'm
not familiar with the chemistry. I'll dig it out, later...

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS