Posted to rec.woodworking
Z3Driver Z3Driver is offline

Default Close call

For the first time in 20 years of using a table saw, I got nailed by the
kickback genie. I was trimming 4 short (5"x5") boards for a project,
taking 3/4" off one of the sides. I trimmed the first three against the
rip fence without a problem. When I use the TS, I never stand directly
in front of the blade. On this cut, I was on the right side of the
blade, feeding the work by hand. On cut number 4,I must have turned the
board a fraction and the blade kicked that sucker back on an angle and
it caught me right in the heart. Scared the crap out of me. On
reflection, I shoulda used my featherboard and a push stick. Lesson
learned.