Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default Contactor coil: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:55:10 -0500, Jeffrey Angus
wrote:

Hasn't anybody read the original question?

Nope. With 5 groups in the distribution, I just assumed the original
question to not be worth reading. Besides, some of the groups appear
to be write-only, where nobody (including me) reads the original
question.

He wants to know if a 50 Hz relay coil will work at 60 Hz.

Well, if it's too much of a risk trying it and checking if it will
explode, there are plenty of 50 to/from 60 Hz converters available for
a small fortune:
http://www.50hz.com/Rotary/rotary.htm
If sufficiently low power, one could probably just build a converter
from two motors and a suitable gearbox.

Jeff (part of the problem) L.

--
Jeff Liebermann