Gary Cavie

Default Anglian Water Plumbing insurance

Does anybody have experience of the above?

We've had it for a couple of years, with no need for it - until tonight.

The washing machine standpipe started overflowing into the kitchen, so
out I go to inspect the drains. The manhole is backed up to the hilt
with, well, you can imagine.

I borrowed some rods, and had a puggle, but to no avail. Our drains
(we're on the end) serve 3 other properties before hitting the sewer.
Next door neighbours aren't there (they only visit every 6 weeks or so),
so I went to the nextdoor but one. His drains are clear, and on puggling
back towards us, I get about 3m then get a small trickle. 'Aha' I
thought, the problem is in between us. But their manhole is inside their
garage, and there's no access.

So I phone AW helpline, reasoning that somebody with some longer rods is
called for.

However, I get told that although it says evenings and weekends on the
policy, the chances of getting somebody out to sort this out before
tomorrow is very remote, as most drainage companies don't like to work
outside normal hours?!?!?!?

Does this sound like a fob-off, or a reasonable statement?