Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.home.repair
LdB LdB is offline

Default XPOST Hello Kitty Toaster

On 8/27/2011 4:14 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
larry moe 'n curly wrote:

is supposed to burn a Hello Kitty face on one side of the bread, but
it can't do that unless it's set so high that the other side (the non-
Kitty side) of the bread burns. Is there any way to make it toast
more evenly?

All the heating coils are in series, so I can't cut the power to just
some of the coils by adding a diode.

The bread is held in baskets that clamp the bread on the sides when
it's lowered, and I tried making one side of the basket hold the toast
farther from the coils on the non-Kitty side, but it didn't help.

I'm thinking of covering the non-Kitty side with a screen to block
some of the heat, but I can't find a suitable non-metal material (to
prevent shock hazard).

Is it a 100 volt Japanese model you are trying to use on 120 Volts in the US?

Geoff.

The Japanese version is used to toast the Kitty then you put it on the
bread.

LdB