Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.home.repair
Matt[_7_] Matt[_7_] is offline

Default Hello Kitty Toaster

On 08/26/2011 01:20 PM, larry moe 'n curly wrote:
This toaster:

http://www.kittyhell.com/wp-content/...ty-toaster.jpg

is supposed to burn a Hello Kitty face on one side of the bread, but
it can't do that unless it's set so high that the other side (the non-
Kitty side) of the bread burns. Is there any way to make it toast
more evenly?

All the heating coils are in series, so I can't cut the power to just
some of the coils by adding a diode.

The bread is held in baskets that clamp the bread on the sides when
it's lowered, and I tried making one side of the basket hold the toast
farther from the coils on the non-Kitty side, but it didn't help.

I'm thinking of covering the non-Kitty side with a screen to block
some of the heat, but I can't find a suitable non-metal material (to
prevent shock hazard).

Use an atomizer to apply a fine mist of water to the plain side before
toasting?