Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default That put the wind up him...

On 27/08/2011 16:14, John Williamson wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 27/08/2011 06:24, wrote:
AIUI one of the problems is the vapourised lubricants used in
industrial airlines will end up on the skin (and to some extent in the
skin), and may lead to dermatitis.

Quite possibly, although whether you would get any more exposure than
you would during normal use of an air tool anyway where you are
sharing space with its exhaust.

The difference would be due to the speed of the particles in the
aerosol. Stuff drifting round at random han't got the energy to enter
the skin, while particles coming from a relatively high pressure source
directed at the skin will.

Depends on the distance and the type of tool. The exhaust from a nail
gun if it hits you is not dissimilar from say a blow head pointed at you
from 2' away.

(having said that, dusting clothing it probably more useful than skin
anyway - or in my case, a quick puff to blow the dust off my specs (not
while wearing them!))

--
Cheers,

John.