Mike Hide

Default Norm's mahagany finish

showing my ignance ,what do "ex cathedra" mean...mjh

"George" wrote in message
Y'need new glasses, Charlie, or perhaps you should sit closer to the front
of the class. Luigi's statement that "Norm is Jewish and a carpenter and

his
mother was a virgin. 'Nuff said!" seems an obvious reference to someone
else who flourished a couple millennia ago....

You also passed on my rejoinder that Norm could not speak ex cathedra
without his brad nailer in hand as well.

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
mttt asks:

Is Norm Jewish or does someone think Abram sounds Jewish? Honest

question.
I've
never thought about it before. Probably never again.

Half a dozen rejoinders popped to mind.
All of them without malice intended; all likely to offend someone,
someplace. sigh

Well, I still don't know, which fits right up there with how much I

care.
My
remark was to the person who said he was Jewish, not meant as a snip at

either
Abram or Judaism.

I wouldn't even care if he was Scottish or Irish.

All hell - "vive l'difference" and "can't we all just get along?".

Well, no. No reason we should. But the arguments shouldn't be based on
religion.