Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hello Kitty Toaster

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:45:20 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

What a waste!

I like my toast soft on the inside, and incinerated on the outside.
The best way to make that is with a propane torch.

I'd have made a toaster that prints an image of the Virgin Mary. I'd have
the believers lined up for a slice.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4034787.stm

You would also have the wannabe, clones, and also ran's making them.
http://virginmaryagain.com

As for the toast, what bugs me are wide mouth toasters designed to fit
a bagel or muffin. Mine seems to work fine for bagels and muffins,
but mangles thinly sliced bread in various ways depending on how the
bread is inserted. I was even able to create a "gradient" toast,
which was burnt on one end, and not toasted on the other. More on the
problem:
http://groups.google.com/group/ba.food/browse_thread/thread/8884de25c128fb1f/

Anyway, if the Kitty Toaster has some kind of design woven onto one
side, just rip apart the design, remove the nichrome wire, and re-wire
it in a more sensible manner. The rest is in setting the timing to
prevent incineration and centering the bread slice. I suspect the
most difficult part of this modification would be getting the case
open, which is probably solvent or ultrasonically welded. Good luck.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS