Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz[_2_] F Murtz[_2_] is offline

Default That put the wind up him...

Another John wrote:
In articleOsKdnfwDxJZmR8vTnZ2dnUVZ7o6dnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk,
John wrote:

On 25/08/2011 21:38, Steve Walker wrote:

... Proper
dust-off nozzles are designed to give a low velocity jet and IIRC, they
have holes so that if you press then right up against your skin, the air
pressure cannot get too high.

Indeed - common sense applies. The vented nozzles used a distance from
the skin and away from the eyes etc are ok. A hard point jet blow head
could on the other hand be quite nasty if you do daft stuff with it.

Hey -- I even hurt the tip of my finger a few months ago with an
airspray can -- the sort used to dust out keyboards ... which is what I
was doing, and caught the end of the fingers of my left hand. Stung like
hell, and I thought it was going to stay numb.

Probably because it was trifluroethane (r134a) which is a refrigerant
and can freeze your finger if you hold the can upside down and liquid
comes out.

As for "employer liability" [in this case]: why don't judges in this
country tell people [solicitors] who are taking the **** to go take a
jump, instead of poring carefully over the letters of the law? There
used to be such a thing as the spirit of the law -- now they only seem
willing to apply the letter. (On the off-chance that someone might sue
them I suppose ...)

J.