Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default raid on Gibson Guitar

Scott Lurndal wrote the following:
willshak writes:
marc rosen wrote the following:
I gotta ask. What does the type of wood for the fretboard have anything
to do with the sound?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Marc

The fretboard doesn't produce sound, only the strings and the metal
frets in the fretboard do.

The sound is produced by the vibration of the strings enhanced and
amplified by resonances in the body. The strings are coupled to
the body at two locations - the bridge and the top of the fretboard.

The density of the fretboard wood has a direct relationship to the
sound of the instrument.

OK. thanks. I can appreciate that. I'm not a guitar player. I tried when
young, but the callouses that I built up cracked and I bled all over the
fretboard. It wasn't worth the pain.