Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Anyone planning to evacuate from Irene?

Larry Jaques wrote:

That said, I'm on the wrong side of the San Andreas if Murphy is
right. When the Big One hits, everything on the east side of the
fault will fall into the Atlantic.

Not true. The San Andreas, even as long as it is, is only a sliding
fault. There's no significant subduction going on at all.

But in 100,000[0] years or so, LAX will be the new SFO. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

[0] I just made this number up - I really have no idea how fast the
plates are moving. But boy, when San Andreas lets go, I bet a lot of
LA skyscrapers are going down!