Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Virtual Box

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:19:56 +0100, Nick Leverton
wrote:

In article
,
robgraham wrote:
I downloaded this as one of these home computing networks where
'thousands'? of home computers are meant to help with scientific
research. The project has failed to configure itself properly, and
I've uninstalled the project software. Is there any value in my
retaining the Virtual Box application - it's uninstall would appear to
be a command line in the DOS window.

VirtualBox is open source (except for the USB connectors and remote
console, IIRC, which are commercial), so if you find a use for it you
can always download the latest one and reinstall.

I used to use Vbox a lot until I changed over to KVM, running virtual
machines for trying things out in. Of course Microsoft insist you
must have a separate licence for each VM that's running Windows inside,
but other operating systems are available ...

Nick

Not entirely true. With W7 Professional (and, I assume, Ultimate) you can
run a Windows XP VM without any additional licence.

Without checking I am not certain if you would be covered to run multiple
VMs at the same time. Or not.

--
Rod