Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Virtual Box

In article ,
robgraham wrote:
I downloaded this as one of these home computing networks where
'thousands'? of home computers are meant to help with scientific
research. The project has failed to configure itself properly, and
I've uninstalled the project software. Is there any value in my
retaining the Virtual Box application - it's uninstall would appear to
be a command line in the DOS window.

VirtualBox is open source (except for the USB connectors and remote
console, IIRC, which are commercial), so if you find a use for it you
can always download the latest one and reinstall.

I used to use Vbox a lot until I changed over to KVM, running virtual
machines for trying things out in. Of course Microsoft insist you
must have a separate licence for each VM that's running Windows inside,
but other operating systems are available ...

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)