Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Sawing with one eye

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:50:07 -0700, "Lew Hodgett" I have a JMP and
it's a pretty nice tool, but it has one major
downside with a limitation of approximately 6" of cut. For that
reason, my JMP is currently on consignment pending sale.

Let's see now, a 6" cut can produce a 6" joint.
Sounds like there might be a market for a 6" hand made joint.

Yup, just as about as perfect a woodworking joint that one might ever
want. Certainly, it's a very exacting machine and fast once one gets
used to its intricacies.

It really is a very fine tool. Only consideration (aside from cost) is
that someone thinking of buying one should consider it carefully and
not be immediately swayed by the video ads. (as I was)