Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - Anyone planning to evacuate from Irene?

"Erik" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Is anyone starting to plan evacuation out there? The latest models show
the
eye going right over my garage. g I'm only 6 miles from salt water, but
I'm at 115 feet of altitude, so I'm going to ride it out. The storm surge
*could* wind up re-shaping the barrier islands of NJ, like one did just
under a century ago.

It doesn't look good.

Ed,

Sounds like your using good judgment; let us know what happened when
your dug out and your internet is back up..

Good Luck!

Erik

Thanks, Erik. The likelihood is that it will wobble off the median path
before it gets here, so we'll probably get a lot of rain and some wind, but
the chance of damaging wind is probably less than even. We will evacuate,
however, if it looks like we're the target.

If I disappear after Saturday night, I'm either in the next state or my ISP
is down.

--
Ed Huntress