Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default That put the wind up him...

Steve Walker wrote:

I think that the problem with dusting yourself off with an airline is
more generally that a high pressure / high velocity jet of air can blast
air through the skin causing severe bruising and swelling

One of the problems in industrial environments is that the use of an
airline for blowing dust off the skin can result in the injection of
dust particles subcutaneously. Powderject systems, for example, are used
in mass vaccination and are simply a high pressure spray of vaccine
through the epidermis. This shows that air pressure can be sufficient to
push material through the upper layers of the skin.

When I worked in a cotton mill for a holiday job, several decades ago,
some workers suffered from a range of skin infections and dermatitis
associated with the use of airlines for skin cleaning. This was
attributed to them blasting surface dirt deeper into their skin.