Bridger

Default Drawer Slides

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:52:27 GMT, "Upscale"
wrote:

"bole2cant" wrote in message
I noticed in a couple of them that the drawer slides were not the usual
"self-closers". They actually were hard to pull out for the first few

inches
and when closing the last few inches would fight to close. At first I

thought,
electric drawer closers? Then I decided they must have strong magnets.

What's
the real story of these drawers with an attitude?

I agree with Leon, there's probably some construction error. It sounds like
the back part of the drawer casing is less width than the front causing the
sides to be compressed a bit the last few inches.

nope. that would resist pushing the drawer in the last bit. OP said
the drawer wanted to pull out of his hand while closing the last bit
(at least that's how I read it).

sounds like magnets to me. it wouldn't have to be part of the slide,
though. a couple of rare earth magnets mounted to the back of the
drawer box and the carcase would do it. I have quite a few catalogs of
slides, including some expensive specialty ones. I've never seen
reference to something that agressively self closing, but I have seen
plenty of rare earth magnets for use as catches.

Bridger