LRod

Default Norm's mahagany finish

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:36:37 -0600, (p_j) wrote:

Can we see some of your non-crap finishing? What do you use? The other
guy who was dissing him used stain on pine. He probably used a wreck
approved top coat though.

You're wasting your time p, or should I call you Mr. i? I've seen his
type on the internet for years; all criticism, no examples of his own,
better, work.

What is a wreck approved top coat, anyway? I hear bitching about poly,
bitching about, shellac, bitching about French polish, bitching about
wax. That almost leaves tung oil and lacquer. Are those it?

No one ever mentions Watco; is that verboten, too? I'm sure someone
would bitch that all you do is slather it on, hit it with a few dozen
paper towels (when everyone knows you're supposed to use lint free
cloth), and then parade it around as if you'd done an actual finish.

Harrumph. Finishing snobs.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net