Posted to alt.home.repair
George Jetson[_3_] George Jetson[_3_] is offline

Default Surveillance video of copper wiring being stolen from Fayetteville, NC daycare center

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 8/22/2011 3:00 PM, Red Green wrote:
The Daring wrote in news:j2tmr6$a7c$1
@dont-email.me:

On 8/2/2011 10:15 AM, Bill wrote:
Well, here in Tulsa thieves stole several hundred feet of
copper wire from a live power substation. They knocked out
power to thousands of people in the middle of a heat wave.
Personally I don't think I want to go cutting a live
wire at 7,000 volts or higher.

The electric company in my area has not seemed overly concerned about
wire theft from its power poles and substations. I wondered why they
were not doing anything???

Then I read about a few people getting electrocuted doing this... Seems
they know the problem will take care of itself over time!

The electric utilities should have traps set up with someone watching a
video monitor with their hand on a remote control to turn on the high
voltage when the vermin climbs over the fence. I can see substations
becoming giant bug zappers. ^_^

TDD

It wouldn't require them to have someone watching. Just set up a web page
with a button that energizes it. The whole world will compete for the
winning click.

Yea, like that Internet hunting site that had the disabled and shut-ins
shooting deer by remote control over The Web. ^_^

TD

Bring popcorn, but you may have to heat it over an open flame til the power
is back on. I heard they couldn't even tell the victim's sex until after
the autopsy. The remaining wire thieves have been alot more careful since.

Person apparently electrocuted at Akron's Rolling Acres Mall
Beacon Journal staff
Published: April 12, 2011 - 02:40 PM
Police and fire crews responding to a reported explosion at the shuttered
former Rolling Acres Mall discovered a burning body in the parking lot
Tuesday afternoon.
Authorities believe someone attempting to remove recyclable materials from
the mall somehow came into contact with electrical wires and was
electrocuted.
Rescue workers have been unable to remove the body until the electrical
service is shut off.

--
They can have my command prompt when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.