Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surveillance video of copper wiring being stolen from Fayetteville,NC daycare center

On 8/22/2011 3:00 PM, Red Green wrote:
The Daring wrote in news:j2tmr6$a7c$1
@dont-email.me:

On 8/2/2011 10:15 AM, Bill wrote:
Well, here in Tulsa thieves stole several hundred feet of
copper wire from a live power substation. They knocked out
power to thousands of people in the middle of a heat wave.
Personally I don't think I want to go cutting a live
wire at 7,000 volts or higher.

The electric company in my area has not seemed overly concerned about
wire theft from its power poles and substations. I wondered why they
were not doing anything???

Then I read about a few people getting electrocuted doing this... Seems
they know the problem will take care of itself over time!

The electric utilities should have traps set up with someone watching a
video monitor with their hand on a remote control to turn on the high
voltage when the vermin climbs over the fence. I can see substations
becoming giant bug zappers. ^_^

TDD

It wouldn't require them to have someone watching. Just set up a web page
with a button that energizes it. The whole world will compete for the
winning click.

Yea, like that Internet hunting site that had the disabled and shut-ins
shooting deer by remote control over The Web. ^_^

TDD