Posted to comp.sys.laptops,uk.d-i-y
BillW50 BillW50 is offline

Default HP/Compaq laptop battery and/or charger problem

On 8/20/2011 6:48 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
BillW50 wrote:
On 8/20/2011 5:37 PM, dennis@home wrote:
"AJL" wrote in message

I do keep all my music (6G), all my ebooks (2G), and all my photos
(11G) on my phone and it's always with me. It's nice to have access to
the *whole* library and it also serves as my off site backup.
Unless it remains off site all the time its not really going to serve as
off site.
You can be sure that the fire/flood/lightning strike will happen while
they are together if the data is valuable.

That is so true Dennis. And while I keep some stuff off site (not as
much as I should). My data really doesn't have a lot of monetary
value. As heaven forbid that my house burns right into the ground
someday. And all of my devices and data are no more. Yes that would be
heartbreaking and all, but that is nothing compared that I don't have
a house anymore. I dunno, but I think most would feel the same.

Hm... I am contemplating to dump my second backup usb seagate disk
elsewhere. Privacy concerns stopping me at the moment

Oh that is something else entirely. Some people like something that
wipes the disk and that is good enough. And I feel overwriting it with
DVDs or whatever is good enough. But it is still possible for the
determined to still pull the old information off.

Okay it is. And I hear people like the FBI or the CIA can and probably
the most seasoned hackers can too. Well in my case, I don't think any of
them are that interested in my stuff to go through all of the trouble.
As they are not going to get anything that is that exciting anyway.

But if you think you have something that interesting to those people.
Then take a 20 pound mallet and smash it to pieces. Yeah given enough
money and resources, nothing is impossible. But is it worth it? ;-)

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v3.0