Posted to comp.sys.laptops,uk.d-i-y
AJL AJL is offline

Default HP/Compaq laptop battery and/or charger problem

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:13:25 -0500, BillW50 wrote:

On 8/19/2011 11:41 PM, AJL wrote:

That Palm IIIc has 8 *Meg* of memory, right? Ah Bill you have to
update a little. With a smartphone, instead of an 8 Meg flashdrive
with a screen you could have a 24 Gig (or more) flashdrive with a
touch screen and a laptop built in...

Yup, 8MB soldered on the motherboard without any expansion slot. And 8MB
is huge for shopping lists and game cheats. ;-)

My first Palm was 2 Meg and I got along just fine with it. Now I can't
imagine how I ever got along on such a pittance...

Smartphone? Naw... cellular signals don't work well where I live. They
only work well when I run into town.

No need for cell signals if you don't want a phone. When you put a
smartphone in Airplane Mode they are really just a PDA with laptop
(and WiFi) capabilities. Check EBay for some good used prices. A new
toy for you to check out...

Anyway I rather use a netbook rather than a smartphone for apps and data
stuff. Bigger keyboard and larger screen too. ;-)

Use both. You do now (your netbook and your Palm).