Edwin Pawlowski

Default Norm's mahagany finish

B a r r y wrote:
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:24:45 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:
I like Norm, but I also know that an awful lot of people watch his
show and think "I could do that if only I had all that stuff." We
'wreckers all know that tools are only part of the equation. I know
that if I had Tom Plamann's shop, I still couldn't build one of his
stairways anytime soon. In time, maybe, but I certainly know there's
a lot of talent and hard work behind the finished products. I can go
on and on about people looking at a creation of mine and commenting on
the tools. I think Norm often makes things look too easy.

Barry

He does make it look easy. I've never seen him do a work around because he
did not have the right tool. We might use a router and table saw and drill
press and tweak with planes and chisels to get a ceratin cut, but Norm just
puts in on the Binford Wood-O-Matic and pushes the button.

While the show encourges woodworking, I imagine that some people get
frustrated because it takes them a half hour to set up a cut and Norm has
the whole project built in that time. And they think they must have the
Wood-O-Matic to do anything good.

--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome