Posted to comp.sys.laptops,uk.d-i-y
BillW50 BillW50 is offline

Default HP/Compaq laptop battery and/or charger problem

On 8/19/2011 4:09 PM, AJL wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 06:14:06 -0500, wrote:

who wants a battery to last 12 years? By then, I have
lost interest in a laptop that old.

I have never bought a replacement for a failed laptop battery. There
was always something newer and better that I wanted before the battery
wore out. Wasteful I know, but fun nevertheless...

Besides the Palm IIIc I haven't either. But I do buy spare batteries for
my laptops and netbooks right away. ;-)

The only exception is my Palm IIIc
which happens to be 12 years old now. The first lithium battery lasted
about 6 years and this second one is now 6 years old and it is still
going strong (it is also one of those cheap aftermarket ones too).

How can you stand to use that thing? Compared to a modern smartphone
(my Palm replacement) it must be very painful... 8-O

Well I still use the address book and the date book. I also use it for
grocery shopping list and to store game cheats. It is kind of like
having a flash drive with a touch screen. ;-)

--
Bill
Alienware M9700 - 1GB - Two Nvidia 7900GS running in SLI mode