Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default enamel through an airless

"Oren" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:03:46 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I need to spray about five gallons of alklyd enamel through a Graco XR7
sprayer. This will be the most efficient way to do this project. I have
sprayed a lot of latex paint through it over the years, and it did fine.
Just wondering what the differences are with enamel. Clean with mineral
spirits? Check to make sure I am using the right orifice? Tips
appreciated.

Steve

Manual:

"To spray oil-based materials after spraying
water-based materials, flush the system
thoroughly with mineral spirits or a
compatible oil-based flushing solvent first.
The solvent flowing out of the prime tube
should not contain any water."

It also states when spraying solvent, ensure proper electrical
grounding.

Page 13 has a chart for selecting tips.

http://wwwd.graco.com/Distributors/DLibrary.nsf/Files/309225/$file/309225W.pdf

It's to dang hot to paint -- here anyway :-/

We worked from 5 PM to 1 AM yesterday, and will do so again tonight. You
musta had that great sunset we had yesterday. WOW! And then
..................... COOL! With those big hotel parking lot lights out
there, it's like daytime, just 30 degrees cooler. I got to get this
squirted so I can get it buttoned up. Have a lot of low spots to fill up,
and prep, but it's getting there. If I don't spray it with an airless, but
the little hand pot, I know I will come up with a nice checkerboard effect.
Plus, I want it fairly thick. Will have some new pics soon. Had to add
three more rows of laterals to screw the sheets to per company engineer.
Hoisting frame next item, 3" sq. tube, 16' span, 10' between rails so I can
lift boat off trailer, and have hoist system for when I feel lazy.

Steve