Edwin Pawlowski

Default Norm's mahagany finish

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message

You know, I don't like to stain wood either. However, since Norm is

making
the item for himself, why shouldn't he be allowed to finish it
however he likes?

scott

No one said he can't and no one cares what he does in the privacy of his
shop with consenting adults.

HOWEVER, this is more than just a guy making a tray for himself. He is a
celebrity that has much influence to his audience. My mother bought Lipton
tea because Arthur Godfrey advertised Lipton tea. Kids buy sneakers because
the associate the brand with their favorite star. Sadly, people will be
putting walnut stain on mahogany because Norm did. Celebrities do have some
responsibility and can be held to a higher standard.
Ed