Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Cain[_3_] Roger Cain[_3_] is offline

Default Chest Freezer Hinge

"Roger Cain" wrote in message
o.uk...
Better still has anyone successfully repaired them?

Thanks for the advice, chaps. I have been VERY wary of this device since the
push rod disengaged and gave the ceiling a mighty thump.

Have fashioned a push rod guide from a piece of scrap galvanised iron
(ex-joist hanger) to stop it wandering away from the arm it is pushing
against. So far no flying metal and the push rod is still nicely aligned.
Just got to make similar for the other hinge and I should be back in
business :-)