Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Chest Freezer Hinge

"Roger Cain" wrote in message
o.uk...
The spring counterbalanced hinge mechanism on my venerable Bauknecht chest
freezer recently exploded (both sides) spraying springs, washers, push
rods all over the place. I think I can work out how to reassemble them but
the gizmos which keep the push rods aligned with the projection on the lid
appear badly mangled and I can't really see how they were meant to do
their job. I've had quite a few hair raising twangs while I have been
fiddling.

Anyone know a source for these hinge assemblies?

maybe worth tracking down where the local suppliers of new white goods take
the old goods when they have installed/delivered the new goods - for one
such around here it's a large lock up unit on an industrial estate filled
inside with new goods and outside piled high with dead white goods awaiting
onward transport.... a crumpled tenner could clinch a spares "deal"?

Jim K