Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Cain[_3_] Roger Cain[_3_] is offline

Default Chest Freezer Hinge

The spring counterbalanced hinge mechanism on my venerable Bauknecht chest
freezer recently exploded (both sides) spraying springs, washers, push rods
all over the place. I think I can work out how to reassemble them but the
gizmos which keep the push rods aligned with the projection on the lid
appear badly mangled and I can't really see how they were meant to do their
job. I've had quite a few hair raising twangs while I have been fiddling.

Anyone know a source for these hinge assemblies? Better still has anyone
successfully repaired them?