Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Democracy in Action

In article ,
says...

Leon wrote:
On 8/11/2011 11:04 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Han wrote:

The counterargument is whether you'd want your kids to be educated
by high school teachers who make 40K/year.

As far as the hours worked, from what I see my kids do, it is a
rather consuming job teaching math& physics in Paterson NJ and
similar districts. Apart from the miserable shape those
communities and kids are in, the hours of school and after school
efforts plus the hours of grading and lesson planning would have
exhausted me within a year. Glad it's not my job ...

I taught high school chemistry and physics for two semesters and I
can say with truth that dozens of teachers are underpaid. Tens of
thousands more are grossly overpaid.

Switch to Chrome

Chrome? You mean the nascent browser produced by Google?

Not a chance. If it were worth beans, Microsoft would have bought it.

And don't think my evaluation is biased just because I own a ****-load of
Microsoft stock.

Actually Chrome has higher compatibility with the current release of
HTML5 than does Internet Explorer.

Microsoft hasn't bought it because Google isn't trying to sell it, and
Microsoft is not big enough to buy Google.

Give it a shot, you'll be surprised at how good it is. I was. The fact
is that the past few releases of IE have been pretty well hosed.