Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Democracy in Action

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 00:26:51 -0400, Bill wrote:

Swingman wrote:

WTF is this "balking" ****?

Let me assure that many teacher's in today's educational system are not
the altruistic souls you think. Open your eyes!

I wasn't excusing it. You introduced the term "balking". I thought it
meant hesitating, but evidently it's much stronger than that (as I just
looked it up).

How many government organizations do you know that run really well?

The military. More expensive than it needs to be, but it is run well. Other
than that, well... That's the reason government _must_ be greatly limited.

Good instruction can be found in many private schools. Catholic schools
near Indianapolis seem to be graduating a high percentage of excellent
students. In contrast, Indianapolis Publis Schools (IPS) has a very poor
reputation. My wife is not inclined to switch to IPS even though she
would probably receive a significant pay increase.

Money isn't everything. How many here could make more money doing something
else?

You made the system work well for you. Maybe you should run for
superintendant? : ) Lots of things are not optimal (i.e. "messed up")
in this country...not just schools.

That's the problem. You, and too many others, are looking for government to
help. It's *not* going to.

I thought the GOP looked bad during the debt-ceiling discussions.

Yes, they should have gotten a *lot* more.