Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paving Driveway: Minimum Outside Temp's. ?

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Live outside of Boston,

For a typical home complete driveway re-do, can the hot asphalt be put
down in the Fall season O.K. ?

Or, should it be done only in the hot summer months.

Paving Contractor says they do it thru late Nov. !

Any minimum outside temp's involved for a "good" job" to be done ?

Thoughts on ?

Thanks,
Bob

I've always bee told, the hotter the better, but I've seen jobs done in
pretty cool weather. The asphalt plant usually close about Dec 1 in thie
area. Some states even have a date where road construction must stop.

More important that the temperature is a reliable reputable contractor that
won't either put too thin a coating or use material that is too cool. I've
hear stories about one in particular that fills his trucks on a Saturday and
cover them with a tarp so he can work on Sunday when the plants are closed.