Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Democracy in Action

On 8/12/2011 12:32 PM, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:

We personally met everyone of my kid's teachers from K-12; had weekly,
if not daily, note/email correspondence with them; confirmed every
parent/teach appt and ARD meeting (and, when it appeared necessary, in
writing, with a letter indicating we may be represented by legal counsel
.. it was indeed necessary on occasions and it insured they would pay
attention, and by gawd they did!);

As far as the balking, I don't know anyone who enjoys more legal
involvement in his or her life. Helping a student is one thing, helping
a student with a lawyer standing behind him or her feels like
another--even if it shouldn't. It might feel like having a police
officer drive with you to work everyday. In short, the balking was
probably, hopefully, just human nature. I think in truth, some teachers
give his or her all, and some give much less--just like people you'll
find in every profession.

WTF is this "balking" ****?

Let me assure that many teacher's in today's educational system are not
the altruistic souls you think. Open your eyes!

I had one minority (a misnomer in itself because the school district is
92% "minority") teacher call my daughter "Hitler's spawn", in class,
because she is blonde and blue-eyed (they waited to tell me until after
the school year for fear of what I'd do ... and they were right to do
so). This was verified by numerous kids in class and was reported to the
(mostly "minority") administration and nothing was ever done about it.

I have a handwritten note on a test returned to my daughter marking
wrong her correct "yes" response to the question "did Macbeth die?"

I had another teacher tell me that she did not modify a test, as
required by IEP, because "it was a "quiz" and not a "test"".

My immediate, and loud, response to that was: "Just WTF makes you think
my daughter's disability disappears just because you changed the ****ing
terminology??"

I had another teacher flat ass refuse to modify any of my daughters
testing as absolutely REQUIRED by State law as part of a Special Ed's
student's "Individual Education Plan" ... a legal contract under State
law. That's right just said he was not going to do it!

That SOB got "reassigned to a administrative position" quickly.

Yes, that's right, it takes a ****ing legal contract in some instances
to get a kid an education today ... and, you can bet your sweet ****ing
ass that I will use ALL the heavy artillery, including the threat of
lawyers and legal action to make sure these sorry ****heads, and there
are a bunch of them in that category, to what they are paid to do.

You know what my ****ing school taxes are a month: $600 ... try
swallowing that.

If you ever sit across the table from me, and I'm paying you to do a
job, you are going to do what I deem proper and you bet your sweet ass
your going to do it to MY satisfaction ... teacher or no!

****ing "balking" ... WTF???

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010