Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Democracy in Action

On 8/12/2011 9:08 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
In articleLMSdnWo2AuO5tNjTnZ2dnUVZ_vadnZ2d@giganews. com, wrote:

In short, the educational system in this country was originally
instituted to provide an education ... it has now been subverted, mostly
by progressive machinations (union, etc.), to be _primarily_ concerned
with its own perpetuation in current form.

"If an unfriendly foreign power had attempted to impose on America the
mediocre educational performance that exists today, we might well have viewed
it as an act of war." -- A Nation at Risk (April 1983)

http://www2.ed.gov/pubs/NatAtRisk/risk.html

Great link!

And it has only gotten worse since then.

Damned shame that after almost 30 years nothing has been accomplished,
overall, to improve the situation.

As the parent of an Eagle Scout, IIRC, I'm sure you are painfully aware
of the situation and took the same kind of steps aforementioned.

All one has to do is take a look at the sorry conditions of the school
system in Detroit, MI.

To put the blame for that fiasco on anything other than progressive
educational dogma, which has been the ONLY guiding factor in Detroit for
the past 40 years, is patently ridiculous.

... and true to form, Rachel Maddow, on MSNBC the other night, blamed
the sorry state of the Detroit schools, and in particular the closing of
a High School for pregnant girsl in Detroit, on "conservatives"!

Go farking figure ...

We don't have a chance with both extremes trumpeting that kind of
totally irresponsible journalism.

(Yes ... I watch MSNBC nightly just to get a picture of both extremes, I
already know what divisive BS is being slobbered in the public trough
from the other extreme)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010