Posted to uk.d-i-y
DavidM DavidM is offline

Default RIP Broken Britain..

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:14:40 +0100, Hugh - Was Invisible
wrote:

On 12/08/2011 12:04, jgharston wrote:
MuddyMike wrote:
We went soft on immigration!

We went hard on immigration. 100 years ago you could move to this
country with no formal application or vetting. Now even being born
an overseas British citizen isn't enough to give you right of abode.

JGH

Indeed the latest coalition immigration restrictions are costing the
country net billions of pounds which could have been spent on outreach
trying to integrate those adrift from what most of us consider normal
society.

Yes we need to punish criminals.

We also need to do our best to include everyone in society. Taking away
benefits and housing from people with no immediate employment prospects
will simply lead to more stealing and riots - unless of course we shoot
them all or pay to keep them all in prison for years.

But while "in" prison they should be made to earn their keep doing all
the crap jobs that no one else wants (starting maybe by cleaning up
all the destruction caused during the riots - by hand), mending roads
etc. And if they won't work they don't get fed, (or just fed on very
basic rations, to keep the human rights crowd happy-ish).

Bring back the chain gang!

As for this bloke who got sentanced to one day - that really says how
serious the courts are - not!