Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RIP Broken Britain..

RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went soft on
crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented
from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker
round the ear.. Children have rights...
Well done Britain.. You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole
generation!!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/12/2011 08:15 AM, MuddyMike wrote:
RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went soft on
crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented
from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker
round the ear.. Children have rights...
Well done Britain.. You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole
generation!!

Mike

Oh, how those much berated Daily Mail readers laughed !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , MuddyMike
writes
RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went soft on
crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented
from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker
round the ear.. Children have rights...
Well done Britain.. You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole
generation!!

But families will able to entertain their offspring at pavement cafes in
24 hour Britain!

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 08:15, MuddyMike wrote:
RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went soft on
crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented
from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker
round the ear.. Children have rights...
Well done Britain.. You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole
generation!!

Obviously, one thing we have failed on is the teaching of history.
Socrates made similar complaints about the lack of discipline among
children. Riots have been happening in Britain for centuries, often
driven by high prices, food shortages, high taxation, unpopular laws and
sometimes all of these. What is happening may be news, it is not new.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
Obviously, one thing we have failed on is the teaching of history.
Socrates made similar complaints about the lack of discipline among
children. Riots have been happening in Britain for centuries, often
driven by high prices, food shortages, high taxation, unpopular laws and
sometimes all of these. What is happening may be news, it is not new.

The majority of the riots in London at least had nothing to do with the
above. Just an opportunity to thieve when there were no police around.
What was new was how they were organised.

Nor is there anything new about kids shoplifting. Just the scale of it all
at one time.

--
*You can't have everything, where would you put it?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In articleFridnV9zud_nQtnTnZ2dnUVZ8vWdnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:
Obviously, one thing we have failed on is the teaching of history.
Socrates made similar complaints about the lack of discipline among
children. Riots have been happening in Britain for centuries, often
driven by high prices, food shortages, high taxation, unpopular laws and
sometimes all of these. What is happening may be news, it is not new.

The majority of the riots in London at least had nothing to do with the
above. Just an opportunity to thieve when there were no police around.

Many people are blaming the riots on deprivation of one form or another,
which is not very much different.

What was new was how they were organised.

Even that is not new. Anarchists have been coordinating the disruption
of peaceful protests using social networking sites and mobile phones for
some time now.

Nor is there anything new about kids shoplifting. Just the scale of it all
at one time.

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MuddyMike wrote:
We went soft on immigration!

We went hard on immigration. 100 years ago you could move to this
country with no formal application or vetting. Now even being born
an overseas British citizen isn't enough to give you right of abode.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

MuddyMike wrote:
RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went
soft on crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were
prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip
a troublemaker round the ear.. Children have rights...
Well done Britain.. You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole
generation!!

So what country would you like to live in?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 12:04, jgharston wrote:
MuddyMike wrote:
We went soft on immigration!

We went hard on immigration. 100 years ago you could move to this
country with no formal application or vetting. Now even being born
an overseas British citizen isn't enough to give you right of abode.

JGH

Indeed the latest coalition immigration restrictions are costing the
country net billions of pounds which could have been spent on outreach
trying to integrate those adrift from what most of us consider normal
society.

Yes we need to punish criminals.

We also need to do our best to include everyone in society. Taking away
benefits and housing from people with no immediate employment prospects
will simply lead to more stealing and riots - unless of course we shoot
them all or pay to keep them all in prison for years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 12:10, ARWadsworth wrote:
wrote:
RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went
soft on crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were
prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip
a troublemaker round the ear.. Children have rights...
Well done Britain.. You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole
generation!!

So what country would you like to live in?

I too wish those with completely negative attitudes would just leave the
country. Whatever happened to the British spirit?
Keep calm and carry on!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Which, if we're honest, is where we're heading.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 12:24, stuart noble wrote:

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Which, if we're honest, is where we're heading.

The death penalty is not permitted by the EU Charter of Human Rights,
which determines how the EU Convention on Human Rights is interpreted
within the EU.

OTOH, the idea of being able to spray rioters with semi-permanent dye is
an excellent idea.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 12:29, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:24, stuart noble wrote:

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Which, if we're honest, is where we're heading.

The death penalty is not permitted by the EU Charter of Human Rights,
which determines how the EU Convention on Human Rights is interpreted
within the EU.

OTOH, the idea of being able to spray rioters with semi-permanent dye is
an excellent idea.

Colin Bignell

Pluses

1. It will be possible to identify those at the scene at the time

2. A soaking with cold water might put them off and render the goods
they are stealing useless.

Slight minus

With the speed they move it is likely innocent people in the area might
also get sprayed with dye but that is probably preferable to being on
the receiving end of tear gas, rubber bullets etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:

What was new was how they were organised.

Even that is not new. Anarchists have been coordinating the disruption
of peaceful protests using social networking sites and mobile phones for
some time now.

But these don't seem to have been anything to do with the Anarchist
movements. I read 4 or 5 Anarchist blogs and newsfeeds (it's the only
way to get a non-mainstream-media view of what's going on in the country)
and they are all as puzzled and bemused by it as the rest of us are.

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
The majority of the riots in London at least had nothing to do with the
above. Just an opportunity to thieve when there were no police around.

Many people are blaming the riots on deprivation of one form or another,
which is not very much different.

Did the 'rioters' look underfed and unwell? Dressed in rags? Barefoot?

I could class myself as 'deprived' because I can't afford a new car. All
things are relative.

--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 11:54 p.m., Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:29, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:24, stuart noble wrote:

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Which, if we're honest, is where we're heading.

The death penalty is not permitted by the EU Charter of Human Rights,
which determines how the EU Convention on Human Rights is interpreted
within the EU.

OTOH, the idea of being able to spray rioters with semi-permanent dye is
an excellent idea.

Colin Bignell

Pluses

1. It will be possible to identify those at the scene at the time

Not just for the police, but also for their neighbours, teachers,
employers etc. to identify them. An excellent idea.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:15:57 +0100, MuddyMike wrote:

RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went soft
on crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were
prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a
troublemaker round the ear.. Children have rights... Well done Britain..
You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!!

That was a muddy subject line. "RIP Broken Britain" made me think someone
had done something...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In articlevtWdnXLblJL7ndjTnZ2dnUVZ8lCdnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:
The majority of the riots in London at least had nothing to do with the
above. Just an opportunity to thieve when there were no police around.

Many people are blaming the riots on deprivation of one form or another,
which is not very much different.

Did the 'rioters' look underfed and unwell? Dressed in rags? Barefoot?

I could class myself as 'deprived' because I can't afford a new car. All
things are relative.

LOOOOSER, LOOOOSER..... holds thumbs and forefingers up in an L shape
like a 5 year old
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2011-08-12, stuart wrote:

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Which, if we're honest, is where we're heading.

And the problem is ... ?

Price of bullets

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 13:14, Nick Leverton wrote:
In articlevtWdnXLblJL7ndjTnZ2dnUVZ8lCdnZ2d@giganews. com,

What was new was how they were organised.

Even that is not new. Anarchists have been coordinating the disruption
of peaceful protests using social networking sites and mobile phones for
some time now.

But these don't seem to have been anything to do with the Anarchist
movements. I read 4 or 5 Anarchist blogs and newsfeeds (it's the only
way to get a non-mainstream-media view of what's going on in the country**)
and they are all as puzzled and bemused by it as the rest of us are.

It's anarchy Jim, but not as we know it.

** I find foreign news sources often give different stories from our
media and I consider them rather more reliable than Indymedia and the like.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 12:29, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:24, stuart noble wrote:

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Which, if we're honest, is where we're heading.

The death penalty is not permitted by the EU Charter of Human Rights,
which determines how the EU Convention on Human Rights is interpreted
within the EU.

I'm sure some future dictator will devise a test to create a non-human
category. George Orwell may have got his dates wrong but the writing's
on the wall.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

With the speed they move it is likely innocent people in the area might
also get sprayed with dye but that is probably preferable to being on
the receiving end of tear gas, rubber bullets etc.

Their trousers prevent them moving very fast
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
om...
RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went soft on
crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were
prevented
from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker
round the ear.. Children have rights...

Except that this is the rule in Germany as well, yet parents there still
seem able to bring up their children "proper like".

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:29, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:24, stuart noble wrote:

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Which, if we're honest, is where we're heading.

The death penalty is not permitted by the EU Charter of Human Rights,
which determines how the EU Convention on Human Rights is interpreted
within the EU.

I'm sure some future dictator will devise a test to create a non-human
category. George Orwell may have got his dates wrong but the writing's
on the wall.

Yeah, bloomin' grafitti artists.....

It wouldn't be so bad if they could spell.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Williamson" wrote in message
stuart noble wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:29, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:24, stuart noble wrote:

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was
wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Which, if we're honest, is where we're heading.

The death penalty is not permitted by the EU Charter of Human Rights,
which determines how the EU Convention on Human Rights is interpreted
within the EU.

I'm sure some future dictator will devise a test to create a non-human
category. George Orwell may have got his dates wrong but the writing's on
the wall.

Yeah, bloomin' grafitti artists.....

It wouldn't be so bad if they could spell.

like how many F's in graffiti.....

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim...." wrote in message

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
om...
RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went soft
on
crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were
prevented
from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker
round the ear.. Children have rights...

Except that this is the rule in Germany as well, yet parents there still
seem able to bring up their children "proper like".

coming from a national background of dumb mindless obedience that's hardly
surprising....

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:29, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/08/2011 12:24, stuart noble wrote:
My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was
wartime
and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Which, if we're honest, is where we're heading.
The death penalty is not permitted by the EU Charter of Human Rights,
which determines how the EU Convention on Human Rights is interpreted
within the EU.

I'm sure some future dictator will devise a test to create a non-human
category. George Orwell may have got his dates wrong but the writing's on
the wall.

Yeah, bloomin' grafitti artists.....

It wouldn't be so bad if they could spell.

like how many F's in graffiti.....

I *thought* it lwked odd.....

It's a law of usenet, isn't it?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:15:57 +0100, MuddyMike wrote:

RIP Broken Britain..
We went soft on discipline!.. We went soft on immigration! We went soft
on crime..
Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were
prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a
troublemaker round the ear.. Children have rights... Well done Britain..
You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!!

That was a muddy subject line. "RIP Broken Britain" made me think someone
had done something...

Well it was started by me.
Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 12/08/2011 13:14, Nick Leverton wrote:
In articlevtWdnXLblJL7ndjTnZ2dnUVZ8lCdnZ2d@giganews. com,

What was new was how they were organised.

Even that is not new. Anarchists have been coordinating the disruption
of peaceful protests using social networking sites and mobile phones for
some time now.

But these don't seem to have been anything to do with the Anarchist
movements. I read 4 or 5 Anarchist blogs and newsfeeds (it's the only
way to get a non-mainstream-media view of what's going on in the
country**)
and they are all as puzzled and bemused by it as the rest of us are.

It's anarchy Jim, but not as we know it.

** I find foreign news sources often give different stories from our media
and I consider them rather more reliable than Indymedia and the like.

Yep, like the Libyan news reporting the David Cameron brought Scottish
mercenaries into London to resolve the problem.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 16:28, MuddyMike wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

That is, quite possibly, a more reliable report than many you will find
on Indymedia, although I prefer the German newspapers myself.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 17:16, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:
Obviously, one thing we have failed on is the teaching of history.
Socrates made similar complaints about the lack of discipline among
children. Riots have been happening in Britain for centuries, often
driven by high prices, food shortages, high taxation, unpopular

laws and
sometimes all of these. What is happening may be news, it is not new.

The majority of the riots in London at least had nothing to do with the
above. Just an opportunity to thieve when there were no police around.

Many people are blaming the riots on deprivation of one form or
another, which is not very much different.

Then "many people" are talking complete cobblers. Nothing new there either.

What was new was how they were organised.

Even that is not new. Anarchists have been coordinating the disruption
of peaceful protests using social networking sites and mobile phones
for some time now.

Nor is there anything new about kids shoplifting. Just the scale of

it all
at one time.

My partner recalls seeing something similar before - but it was
wartime and she also saw the looters shot by passing troops.

Yes, there are conditions under which looters can be shot on sight. But
then there was a time when pirates were summarily hanged, too.

Certainly waving a gun about in public is going to get you shot by the
police, and quite right too. Applies to posh lawyers in Chelsea as well
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
Obviously, one thing we have failed on is the teaching of history.
Socrates made similar complaints about the lack of discipline among
children. Riots have been happening in Britain for centuries, often
driven by high prices, food shortages, high taxation, unpopular laws and
sometimes all of these. What is happening may be news, it is not new.

The majority of the riots in London at least had nothing to do with the
above. Just an opportunity to thieve when there were no police around.
What was new was how they were organised.

Nor is there anything new about kids shoplifting. Just the scale of it all
at one time.

I wrote my thoughts in this earlier:

https://plus.google.com/106804227975...ts/S5QZMtPvWKj

I'll reproduce it here to save the effort of going the

It's not intended to be an academic quality paper - it's just a quick
scribble, but it is what I think.

It's has strong opinions - if that's likely to raise yer blood pressure,
stroll on past...

One final comment for now, though, on the UK Riots.

I do not condone the looters and rioters, because I do not believe for one
second that most of them gave a damn about Mark Duggan. Thus, I hope that
the book is thrown at the lot of them. After that, perhaps people can look
at the longer term problems blighting a section of society, but the first
and most important message that must be said is "what you did is not
acceptable and you will have consequences that are unpalatable to you".

However, what do we do when the message from the "top" is that it is OK to
help yourselves to money to the point of unjustified greed and if you damage
your business by doing so, then someone will give you a big pile of money to
go and do it all over again?

Yes - I am talking about the banks, and to a lesser extent the MPs' expenses
scandal.

Whilst the amount of money involved in morally dubious expenses claims by
the public servants and leaders of this country may be but a trifle, it
sends exactly the wrong message to everyone else. The message it sends is "I
make the rules and I take advantage of my position to feather my own nest".

The investment banks on the other hand are staffed by some of the most
greedy and unjustifiably over paid blights society has has the misfortune to
have seen.

I am in no way against rich people. Although he irks me on a personal level,
at least Alan Sugar dragged himself up to the position he is in now and for
that I respect him.

I have no fundamental issue with investment banking, though I do believe it
should be regulated far more than it is now and fully separated from retail
banking. If people want to gamble, that's up to them. What I would have
preferred to see, however, is all the failed banks be allowed to collapse
Lehman Bros style and the gamblers without and within feel the sharp end of
the stick for this would at least constitute a very valuable learning
experience for them.

The government should have compensated people 100% for any losses in savings
and business accounts and I dare say, the bill probably would have been
rather smaller than now.

Instead - what have the bankers learnt? Nothing. HSBC is shedding clerical
staff who were not to blame whilst other banks, some of which have received
huge loans from the government are still paying out insane bonuses like the
last couple of years never happened.

Not only the banks and MPs, but there are a disturbing number of senior
people in private companies who think awarding themselves 445% pay rises is
acceptable. OK, we are talking about private companies, which by the very
nature of capitalism are allowed to do things like this. But what sort of
message does that send to the rather lower paid members of those companies
who do not receive more than a few percent if they are really lucky?

The feckless and the rich do have one thing in common - they are both
susceptible to greed - only one would hope that the rich and educated would
do a better job of leading by example, otherwise what incentive is there for
anyone else to wish to live within a framework of rules for the net benefit
of society?

On an aside, we also have a Prime Minister and a Mayor of London who were
members of the infamous Bullingdon Club, whose trademark is to dine at a
fancy establishment, trash the place then offer monetary compensation to the
owner in cash as they leave. Whilst club members (Buller Men) paid for the
damage (though it is hard to know whether such "damages" compensated for the
loss of business whilst the place was being repaired, or indeed for the
emotional damage to staff and other patrons) it really really is not the
example you want your leaders to be setting, whether Boris and the PM were
personally involved in such criminal acts or not.

No wonder the average chav on the street thinks it's OK to destroy buildings
and nick a telly.

Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:

"John Williamson" wrote in message

It's a law of usenet, isn't it?

inevitably...

Jim K

Talking of which, bets on how long this thread takes to Godwin itself?
--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Hugh - Was Invisible" wrote in message

We also need to do our best to include everyone in society. Taking away
benefits and housing from people with no immediate employment prospects
will simply lead to more stealing and riots - unless of course we shoot
them all or pay to keep them all in prison for years.

We could employ them rebuilding Hadrian's wall and then put them on the
other side.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MuddyMike wrote:
We went soft on immigration!

We went hard on immigration. 100 years ago you could move to this
country with no formal application or vetting. Now even being born
an overseas British citizen isn't enough to give you right of abode.

JGH

Indeed the latest coalition immigration restrictions are costing the
country net billions of pounds which could have been spent on outreach
trying to integrate those adrift from what most of us consider normal
society.

Yes we need to punish criminals.

We also need to do our best to include everyone in society. Taking away
benefits and housing from people with no immediate employment prospects
will simply lead to more stealing and riots - unless of course we shoot
them all or pay to keep them all in prison for years.

But while "in" prison they should be made to earn their keep doing all
the crap jobs that no one else wants (starting maybe by cleaning up
all the destruction caused during the riots - by hand), mending roads
etc. And if they won't work they don't get fed, (or just fed on very
basic rations, to keep the human rights crowd happy-ish).

Bring back the chain gang!

As for this bloke who got sentanced to one day - that really says how
serious the courts are - not!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DavidM wrote:
As for this bloke who got sentanced to one day - that really says how
serious the courts are - not!

Make me want to apply to be a magistrate and find a black cap.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2011 18:23, Tim Watts wrote:
Jim K wrote:

"John wrote in message

It's a law of usenet, isn't it?

inevitably...

Jim K

Talking of which, bets on how long this thread takes to Godwin itself?

Hitler!

Mornington Crescent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Hugh - Was Invisible
saying something like:

Yes we need to punish criminals.

We also need to do our best to include everyone in society. Taking away
benefits and housing from people with no immediate employment prospects
will simply lead to more stealing and riots - unless of course we shoot
them all or pay to keep them all in prison for years.

+1000
Indeed. The likelihood of a full-time underclass with no money, no
prospects and nothing over their heads will definitely lead to a serious
rise in muggings, burglaries, etc. The people in that situation will
simply look on it as something they're forced to do to make ends meet.
Sheeit, it's bad enough at the moment - why add to it.

cue the right wing loons

And...

OT Parents of murdered white teen leave LibLabCon's anti-Britain Divided by Diversity ˜º˜»˜º UK diy 3 July 15th 09 02:27 AM
1 in 5 living in Poverty in Britain — Government Gives £100 Million for Roads in AFRICA Love Europe, Hate the EU UK diy 36 April 15th 09 02:08 PM
OT - Britain Invasion J T Woodworking 0 October 2nd 07 01:59 AM
Rip Off Britain? The Medway Handyman UK diy 33 September 20th 06 12:11 PM
reminder: Fred Dibnah's Made in Britain 8:30 BBC2 [news] UK diy 39 March 13th 05 12:19 PM