Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default Semi trailer prices

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
Pete, this is ENTIRELY your fault. I now have semi on the brain. I
just gota have one. I'm finding used tractors to be plentiful and
shouldn't have trouble finding a decent unit for less than I'd pay for
a pickup truck.

Now I'd also need a trailer. My first look found nearly nothing in
what I'm calling a lowboy. I need a trailer that you can drive a fork
lift or farm tractor up on. And one that will let me load large
machines over the side. Looks like I'd have to buy the semi tractor
again. Am I wrong here?

Its just like my lathes and mills. its not the original machine that
kills ya. its all the other stuff getting it all decked out.

Karl

Are you carrying anything that one of these won't handle?

http://www.pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=FD

We're using one of these and it's a sweet trailer for skid steers and farm
tractors:

http://www.pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=T6

Tilts down hydraulically and you just drive the equipment on.