Posted to alt.home.repair

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

On Aug 11, 4:05*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
SF Man wrote:
Fundamentally, I ask:
Q: Is 3,094 gallons a reasonable usable quantity for a family of four?

Per day? *week? *month?

My wife and I used to use about 100 gallons per week when we lived on a
boat. *Salt water flush, though.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Here in NJ my municipality
has a fixed fee for the first 6000 gallons a month. That is a
reasonable amount for a small family without a pool, lawn
irrigation or other larger usages. Above 6,000 they charge for
excess.

It seems the real issue here is that the well can apparently
only deliver 200 GPH. As to what the storage level should
be, I'd say 3500 gallons is way above what storage level is
needed for domestic usage. But he also mentioned "fire
hydrant". Don't know anything about that, but having 3500
gallons around if it's the source for fire hydrants then sounds
like a more logical situation. Without that, a tank of even
500 gallons would seem to be plenty. It gets refilled at 200GPH.
So, you could pull 700 gallons in an hour of high demand and
still not run out.