Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Democracy in Action

On 8/11/2011 4:28 PM, Han wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

So not putting in a full day is OK??? Wish I could come in late and
leave early and have the summer off. How about making all teachers
more productive by putting in a full day and letting all of them keep
their jobs.

When I see my daughter and SIL come home from a day's teaaching, I can
clearly see they put in a whole day's work. Maybe there are those who
just pretend to work, but I believe most are doing right.

I believe "some" are being paid what they are worth oters are being baby
sitters.

Yes, they may have the summer off. They don't get paid then, or at least
thay have the choice to get paid full pay during school, and nothing
during the summer, or to have it spread out.

I think a good teacher would know that being paid as he or she has
earned the money takes more responsibility and thinking ahead than
having the school holding on to your money so that you don't spend it
all and have nothing over the summer. The teachers that cannot budget
themselves to not spend every dime they make while working during the
school year are not the ones I want teaching my child. I would rather
have a teacher that teaches common sense than one that is highly
educated but can't make it on the salary that he or she has agreed to.
If you cannot make it on your own what good is that education?

My SIL is a bridge fanatic,
so he is earning extra money in the summer playing professional bridge.
No idea how that works exactly, but hopefully he brings in enough so I
don't really have to supplement them.

???

Yes, times are tough, for everyone. That's when you want teaching to
be done well, and you should be willing to pay for that.

We are paying for that! We are not gettin g what we are paying for.

In some cases, indeed you're not getting what you pay for. That's not
acceptable, and work rules need to change. In other cases, teachers are
NOT rewarded enough for their work.

A majority of teachers ARE rewarded enough for their work and for many
more than enough. A select few are NOT rewarded enough. IMHO. ;~)