Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Democracy in Action

busbus wrote in
:

On Aug 11, 2:13*pm, Han wrote:

Some of that I can agree with. *OTOH, employee-employer relations are
much more combative than they need to be, hence the unneccesary
strikes (teachers can't strike in NJ, I believe). *The only thing
they could do was not volunteer for after school work with the kids
after years without contract.

I'm all for reorganizing some of the work rules. *Especially the rule
that says your pension is based on the average salary you made during
your last (1,2,3?) years, includng overtime!! *That's ridiculous.

Han,

I am glad we are having a dialogue on this. I agree with your last
statement.

Thanks!! I agree, we need to talk. We don't want more occurrences like
the GM and Chrysler bankruptcies that give away pension obligations to
the "state" or just say screw you to the retired workers. Some givebacks
need to happen, but we were focusing here on teachers. And then the BIG
question is, would you want your kids (and your neighbors' kids too) to
have a good education, or should the kids be warehoused until 16 or 18
and then loosed upon the drugdens that would undoubtedly spring up in
your town.

--
Best regards
Han