Posted to rec.woodworking
busbus busbus is offline

Default Democracy in Action

On Aug 11, 12:45*pm, Han wrote:
busbus wrote :

On Aug 11, 8:18 am, Han wrote:
"You" have given these people contracts, that "you" now are going to
just throw out? Once you go that way, maybe the next step is that
your pension/SS/whatever will be taken away. "You" is in quotes
because the sheeple of NJ have allowed their representatives to do
this.

I just read this closer. *To respond, I can unequivocably say that
pensions have been changed AND taken away from workers in the private
sector.

Whenever a person goes bankrupt, creditors will settle for pennies on
a dollar to at least get something. *All levels of government are just
about bankrupt now and the "private sheeple" who are paying the bills
are requesting their representatives to work with the "public sheeple"
to renegotiate the contract. *This sort of thing is not unheard of in
the private sector.

I say "sheeple" because they exist in both the private and public
sectors.

As far as honoring contracts are concerned, did you also agree that
the rich CEOs and other high-ranking executives should have been paid
the millions and millions of dollars that they were due in contracts
after the meltdown in 2008? *I will bet you that you were one of those
people who complained that companies did that even though they were
honoring the contracts.

I did complain that the contracts were written in such a way that they
did get those enormous bonuses. *A contract is a contract, unless it is
illegal, or coerced. *Your call now ...

--
Best regards
Han

Well, why did you complain about them? Because they are "rich" and
the people you hang around with are not?

I am not trying to be belligerent; I am just trying to make a point.
You see, I believe it is this exact type of class warfare that cause a
lot of the problems in the world today. For example, all that crap
that is happening in England right now. I saw a British newscaster
delivering the news from a store that was in the process of being
overrun by looters. And the looters were having a good old time! He
asked one woman if she knew what she was doing and she said that she
did. he asked her why and she said something stupid like, "We're
getting back all the taxes we paid." Another interview was conducted
with three young girls (in their late teens or early 20s). It was
morning, so the newscaster said, and the girls were gorked out of
their sneakers on free booze that was handed out. They were asked if
they were up all night and they said they were and ghat they drunk the
free booze all night (that was stolen). Then they were asked why they
did it and they each said separately that it was because of the rich.

This "discussion" is starting to go in the same vein. Both sides need
to get together and UNDERSTAND the other side. Reasonableness needs
to prevail. Anymore, people try to get 100% of the pie and won't give
up until they do.

I understand that is is hard to get by on a smaller salary but if you
can get (a) job security, (b) lower health insurance costs, and (c) a
good pension, why do you need the same salary as a person who is
working in the private sector who is paying more in health insurance
costs and gets little to no pension AND has to pay taxes so the public
workers can get more than they have themselves.

Reasonableness. I'm sorry that the pendulum has swung way in the
opposite direction butt he fact of the matter is that is has.
Adjust.