Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Democracy in Action

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:

There is a law in Wisconsin that makes legislators immune from recall
during their first year. Therefore, the decisive recalls will come
later. I am not sure that organized labor isn't featherbedding some
of their members, but generally speaking, undoing labor contracts in
such a fell swoop to such an extent is not fair. My daughter and
son-in-law are both high school teachers in NJ, and the changes in
their remuneration (much higher deductions for healthcare and
pensions) makes them feel lucky they have help nearby.

Nobody's labor contract got "undone." Previous labor contracts are
still in force. The only change was that "new" contracts could not be
based on collective bargaining.

The "average" pay for teachers in New Jersey is in excess of $63,000.
Even in the Garden State, your daughter's family should be able to
subsist on a piddly $130,000 per year.

Heck, they could even supplement this meager income by making Slurpees
in the summer months.

I hope my kids are getting closer to that average salary. They started 4
years ago with around 40K. Even combined, that isn't very much
hereabouts.

--
Best regards
Han