Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Democracy in Action

On 8/11/2011 8:28 AM, busbus wrote:

Beside, pension and health care insurance costs are breaking the backs
of the public. We who are contributing to the GNP in this country are
paying ever escalating costs for our own retirement and health care
AND we are expected to pay for the people who work in public unions.

Since NJ was interjected into into conversation, can someone verify that
apparently the police union negotiated that police in NJ pay 1.5% of
their salary for health insurance?

For the median income ($90k+) mentioned earlier, that is less than $150/mo.

My wife and daughters is $800+/mo, and that is a bare bones policy with
a huge deductible.

Pardon me while I sob a few tears ... for all of us.

IIRC, this is EXACTLY what the issue in WI was about ... union choke
hold on public purse strings, bought and paid for by bought and paid for
politicians.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010