Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Democracy in Action

"busbus" wrote in message
On Aug 11, 8:18 am, Han wrote:
"You" have given these people contracts, that "you" now are going to just
throw out? Once you go that way, maybe the next step is that your
pension/SS/whatever will be taken away. "You" is in quotes because the
sheeple of NJ have allowed their representatives to do this.

I just read this closer. To respond, I can unequivocably say that
pensions have been changed AND taken away from workers in the private
sector.

Whenever a person goes bankrupt, creditors will settle for pennies on
a dollar to at least get something. All levels of government are just
about bankrupt now and the "private sheeple" who are paying the bills
are requesting their representatives to work with the "public sheeple"
to renegotiate the contract. This sort of thing is not unheard of in
the private sector.

I say "sheeple" because they exist in both the private and public
sectors.

As far as honoring contracts are concerned, did you also agree that
the rich CEOs and other high-ranking executives should have been paid
the millions and millions of dollars that they were due in contracts
after the meltdown in 2008? I will bet you that you were one of those
people who complained that companies did that even though they were
honoring the contracts.

I don't dispute any of what you've said. However, as a retired firefighter,
I know of many who chose the profession solely because of the "security";
security that is now being surrendered because of mismanagement by the
.......managers. The individuals in question usually had skills that would
have paid them more *in the short run* but chose a public service job
because of the proffered security.
I'm in favor of informing future applicants that the so-called security no
longer exists and they are well advised to take care of their own but a deal
is a deal and the "sheeple public" elected the "managers" so the fault
cannot be fairly placed entirely upon the public service workers. IMHO

Max