Posted to rec.woodworking
busbus busbus is offline

Default Democracy in Action

On Aug 11, 8:18*am, Han wrote:
"You" have given these people contracts, that "you" now are going to just
throw out? *Once you go that way, maybe the next step is that your
pension/SS/whatever will be taken away. *"You" is in quotes because the
sheeple of NJ have allowed their representatives to do this.

I don't know where you live, but in NJ the legislature has consistently
allowed the state NOT to pay into the teachers' (police/whatever) pension
plans. *Now, gov christie says, OK, you teachers need to pay more, but
what of the unfunded state obligations? *It almost seems that the state
stealing from the pension plans is OK, and the pensioners better fend for
themselves.

Well, things like pensions "changed" at companies while I was working
there and there was nothing I could do about it.

Health care insurance costs rose for me without notice and there was
nothing I could do about it.

My job was outsourced to a low-cost provider and there was nothing I
could do about.

Sorry, I just don't like hearing the whining.