Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Democracy in Action

busbus wrote in news:a4c2d470-9f4e-471b-8da5-
:

On Aug 10, 9:37*pm, Han wrote:

I am not sure that organized labor isn't featherbedding some of
their members, but generally speaking, undoing labor contracts in such
a fell swoop to such an extent is not fair. *My daughter and son-in-
law are
both high school teachers in NJ, and the changes in their remuneration
(much higher deductions for healthcare and pensions) makes them feel
lucky they have help nearby.

But making us poor slobs in the community where the teachers work pay
more and more and more in taxes whenever our health care insurance
costs go up and up and up and our gross pay stays the same and being
told pensions are a thing of the past is FAIR somehow??

"You" have given these people contracts, that "you" now are going to just
throw out? Once you go that way, maybe the next step is that your
pension/SS/whatever will be taken away. "You" is in quotes because the
sheeple of NJ have allowed their representatives to do this.

I don't know where you live, but in NJ the legislature has consistently
allowed the state NOT to pay into the teachers' (police/whatever) pension
plans. Now, gov christie says, OK, you teachers need to pay more, but
what of the unfunded state obligations? It almost seems that the state
stealing from the pension plans is OK, and the pensioners better fend for
themselves.

--
Best regards
Han