Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Circular saw recommendations?

On 8/10/2011 3:31 PM, Nova wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:58:25 -0500, wrote:

It just pains me to the core to see old timbers go under the wrecking
ball that are perfect inside needing only a little TLC to remove the
foreign material and resurface or resaw...

I saw a couple of old houses being demolished in Buffalo the other
day. I was pleased to see how they were doing it. The organization is
"Buffalo Reuse". See:

http://www.buffaloreuse.org/GreenDem...reenDemolition

Kewl...

Was too young back then to have thought of their expedient... (or
more like it) altho access would have a trick where the particular house
was located w/ large equipment like shown there. But it's the trick for
speeding up the demo but still have mostly salvageable stuff in the end.
Hate to see the old plaster castings/carvings in ceilings, cornices,
etc., get destroyed as well...