Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Commercial Driver's License (CDL)

Pete C. wrote:

I think so too. Class A would be the way to go.
I hold an A & M with haz-mat, wrecker, Doubles/triples, metal coil and
tanker and had the passenger endorsement until last year (drove school
buses for a while)

What is so special about driving with metal coils?

A bit trickier securing the load, and nasty things happening if one gets
free. I believe they actually dropped that as a separate endorsement.

Yeah, you really don't want to see what happens when a big roll of steel
comes loose at 60 mph. NOT pretty.

T - Double/Triple Trailers Endorsement (Knowledge Test only)
P - Passenger Endorsement (Knowledge and Skills Test)
N - Tank Vehicle Endorsement (Knowledge Test only)
H - Hazardous Materials Endorsement (Knowledge Test only)
X - Combination of Tank Vehicle and Hazardous Materials Endorsement
S - School Bus Endorsement (Knowledge and Skills Test)

are the current ones. BUT if you already had the coil tag they still
carry it over Why????

Plus if you take the test on a vehicle without air brakes you get a
restriction that you cannot drive a vehicle with them.

--
Steve W.