Posted to alt.home.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Default Pool Vacuum Hose Question

Steve,
Thanks for your advice, I'll take another look at it, but after
replacing the gear box and a bunch of other parts, I'm not sure that
will be the answer. I asked Hayward the same question and received
the answer below from one of their tech-reps.

"The cleaner is having a steering issue. Do what is called a hang
test. Lift it up off the floor by the hose and watch it for 4 minutes.
It should turn both directions, against the hose, a couple of turns
and stop for a few seconds between directions. If it turns one
direction only or doesn't turn, change the gear box.

"If it passes the test, you’re looking at the A-frame and Turbine for
the fix. The hoses are stationary so that the cleaner can turn against
them. If one side is taking good steps and the other side is just
vibrating, then look at the A-frame and Turbine AX621DAT Kit."

I'll try the suggested "Hang-Test" and see what happens and will let
all know.

Lee
PS: for the person above, I couldn't find my first post despite a
thorough search for it, which is why I reposted it. SORRY!

On Aug 8, 4:24*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message

When I had mine rebuilt, I watched the guy. *He took out the gearbox, and
examined it carefully, scratched a few bits of stuff out, and proclaimed it
good to go. * He said that those that were heavily encrusted would be soaked
in vinegar for a couple of days. *As a last resort, I would try that. *Plus
look for the obvious. *I have one, and many times when I would have trouble
with it, the reason was something obvious I overlooked.

HTH

Steve